Accelerators Share Brilliant Insider Information
August 7, 2022 | | Employment Matters Blog
TAPPING INTO THE COMMUNITY
Community is often defined as a feeling of fellowship with others as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals. I am so honored to have supported the jobseeking community with coaching, education, and insight since 2014.
👉At our August event job seekers had an amazing opportunity to ask questions and get tips from several ACCELERATOR ALUMNI who have graduated (got hired!) from the ACCELERATOR COMMUNITY.
👉Thanks to our panel of Accelerators including Angela Barsegyan, Chester Jurskis, Christine Grogan, and Ann Heike who joined us at this event.
👉Here are a few Golden Nuggets that jobseekers learned:
- Don’t limit yourself.
- Don’t settle for a job that is not right for you.
- The first 5 minutes of your interview are the most critical.
- Don’t be discouraged – keep at it.
- If you must have a pity party, keep it short – then do something to re-energize yourself.
- Network, network, network.
- Target a list of companies to approach.
- Join a network of people like the Accelerators who will support your efforts.
- Consulting during your search time will keep you active.
- Consulting demonstrates flexibility, adaptability, and lifelong learning – all great attributes that employers want.
- Don’t forget to make some time for fun!