Human Resources Benefit Available to LSA Members!
Human Resources support through an HR Hotline has become a popular benefit for LSA member schools. As school leaders deal with employee-related concerns, this service offers education and advice to help schools avoid penalties and employee discord. Consultation by Mindy Stern, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, ACC, a trusted HR advisor, career coach, author, speaker and president of AIM Resource Group Inc., includes three components:
1. Access to HR Hotline – Designated staff members receive professional telephone consultation and/or email support in the following areas:
- Discipline and Termination Concerns
- Employer/Employee Relations Solutions
- Employee Handbook Questions
- Harassment Complaints
- Hiring and Interviewing Questions
- HR Policies and Procedures Concerns
- I-9 Compliance
- Job Descriptions
- Performance Management Questions
2. HR Corner (in Tuesday’s Weekly Newsletter) – Mindy creates a monthly article on a topic that matters to schools and their employees. Past articles include Goal Setting; Employee Handbooks – Who Needs Them; Providing Effective Feedback; Summer Health; Work-Life Balance and Five Ways to Keep Your Team Happy.
3. Leaders Conferences and Webinars – In late August, Mindy facilitated a webinar on sexual harassment training for teachers at back-to-school meetings. She also presented two workshops on “Effective Employment Practices: A Road Map to Create a Great Work Environment,” which included role playing and how to answer tough questions. Some of the areas discussed:
- Hiring practices and interviewing guidelines
- Performance Management – getting the best out of your staff
- Recognition and Accountability
- Progressive Discipline – recognizing problematic behaviors
- When you must terminate, how to do it right
- Employee Handbooks – do you need one and what should be included?
- Valuable resources to help manage employment matters
- Defining and understanding harassment and discrimination
- Understanding employer and employee responsibilities regarding harassment and discrimination
We are looking forward to offering a series of opportunities for administrators to work with Mindy this year:
- The Basics of Performance Management – This 60-minute webinar will set the stage for preparation for creating and distributing performance reviews.
- Special HR Hotline Week – Administrators will have the opportunity to sign up for an appointment with Mindy, to discuss specific concerns related to performance management.
- Leaders Conference – School leaders will have a chance to work in-person with Mindy on these topics: Communicate Like a Leader, Dealing with Conflict and Performance Management. This will be a full day interactive workshop and includes lunch.
Human Resource services will be provided by AIM Resource Group Inc., an outstanding HR consulting and coaching company. We will also provide ongoing education to our members through HR updates and workshops. To learn more visit the website at www.aimresourcegroup.com.