World Gratitude Day is celebrated annually on the 21st of September.
Practicing a gratitude mindset can increase your ability to rejuvenate, inspire, and elevate your day. Here are some suggestions to increase your focus on gratitude:
1. Start a gratitude journal. Keeping a gratitude journal has been shown to increase people’s sense of happiness by forcing them to acknowledge the happy and positive moments in their day, irrespective of how insignificant they may appear.
2. Here are some great questions to get started:
· What was the best thing that happened in your life or work in the last week?
· What milestones have you reached that make you proud and grateful?
· Think about someone whose life is better because of you. Why is this so?
3. Say a simple “thank you” to a colleague with a note or a phone call. It will transform your relationship in a positive way.
4. Reflect on the blessings that make you grateful. Perhaps it’s a recent birth or a new connection. Or it could be as simple as a beautiful sunset or a blossoming flower.
5. Find a worthwhile organization where you can volunteer your time or give to a worthy cause to make someone’s day brighter.
Research has shown giving gratitude engenders positive feelings in the giver as well as the receiver.
I am grateful to each of you for inspiring me every day.